Friday, December 19, 2008

A Story I Wrote About Child Labor And The Environment At A Garbage Dump In Cambodia That Appeared In Environment Magazine


Nearly 2000 registered workers, including 600 children, earn their livings at the Stung Meanchey landfill in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. They are the among the up to 2% of the population in third world countries that The World Bank has estimated survive by recovering materials from waste.

I wrote about the Stung Meanchey dump and the conditions the people who work there have to endure while earning less than $2 USD per day. The story was published in Environment Magazine.

The story is also posted on Gaia Photos where you will find it here:

Cambodia: Poverty On Smokey Mountain

If you would like to publish this story please let me know.

John Brown Photojournalist On LIGHTSTALKERS
My Mondo Library Photography
My Photoshelter Photography Archive Homepage
Stung Meanchey Landfill Phnom Penh Cambodia Photographs

No comments: