Saturday, April 4, 2009

Twenty Million Dollar Girl Michelle Wie


A little off the subject of SE Asia, bit hey, I saw Michelle Wie on TV right here in Cambodia last night and it reminded me of this shot of her at The Pearl Open in Hawaii five years ago. A bad crop by the publisher but what can we do, we submit they chop…..haha.

She was 14 back then but now she is all grown up. I am not embarrassed to say that she beat me when she was just 9 years old at the Ala Wai Golf Course in Honolulu, Hawaii (the world's busiest) one afternoon. She hit the ball long and straight and shot about 3 over par. Me? Well let's just say I enjoyed my usual golf course activities including; exploring creeks and ponds, examining sand, enjoying groves of trees and shouting my favorite number, FORE!

I hope Michelle gets back on track because she is a really nice person. She doesn't like photographers much but who does these days? Good luck at the Kraft-Nabisco Michelle…….and tell those photographers to keep quiet!


John Brown Photojournalist On LIGHTSTALKERS
My Mondo Library Photographs
My Photoshelter Archive Homepage

No comments: