Wednesday, September 16, 2009

AMERICAN FOREIGN POLICY: Does It Affect Popular Support For Terrorism 8 Years After America's Bloodiest Day?


The front page of the September 12th 2001 edition of The Honolulu Advertiser. Oahu, Hawaii serves as the home of Pearl Harbor, which was attacked by people in airplanes on December 7th 1941. Follow Me On Twitter.

It has been 8 years since the tragic events of September 11th 2001(911) took place. Maybe you heard about them and maybe you didn't. In Cambodia for example, several million people have never heard of WWII or 911 and frankly, couldn't care less.

A CALL TO ACTION

Nonetheless, that reminds me to let you know about a call to action in the form of a blog post comment I received from a man named John Maszka. It reads:

Hello John,

I really enjoy your blog. I would love to see more photos.
I'm conducting feminist research on how American foreign policy affects popular support for terrorism. I’m particularly interested in incorporating the views of women, non-whites, and people living outside of America and Western Europe, but all responses are invited and welcome. The survey can be accessed at:

http://www.johnmaszka.com/SURVEY.html

I would really value your opinion and the opinion of your readers.

Thank you,
John Maszka

As you'll notice, this post is an inexplicable and negligent delayed response to John's remarks but perhaps waiting until people are focused on "The War On Terror" (George Bush's terminology, not mine), at least for a couple of days, will give this important global topic the attention it deserves.

Follow Me On Twitter

John Brown Photojournalist On LIGHTSTALKERS
My Mondo Library Photography
My Photoshelter Photography Archive Homepage

No comments: