Friday, May 29, 2009

Travel Photography In Chiang Mai Thailand


Colorful umbrellas characterize the Sunday Night Market in Chiang Mai, Thailand.

Photo © John Brown All Rights Reserved

The Sunday Night Market, located at the Tha Pae Gate in Chiang Mai, Thailand is filled each week with shoppers looking for bargains. The market contains dozens of food stalls, and handicraft shops, many of which offer traditional and local Thai items and clothing for sale.

While I know that stock photographs of people shopping in foreign countries are plentiful, I wanted to capture Chiang Mai's Sunday evening Night Market from a high point of view.

If you have a destination you want to promote in SE Asia, email me and maybe we can work something out.

John Brown Photojournalist On LIGHTSTALKERS
My Mondo Library Photography
My Photoshelter Photography Archive Homepage

2 comments:

The Frogblogger said...

Nice photo of the Night Bazaar. Where were you positioned for the shot? I've got some nice photos from the city wall by the moat, otherwise there are not so many vantage points...

John Brown said...

I climbed up on the wall overlooking the plaza!

Best Regards, JB