Thursday, May 14, 2009

Travel Photography In Krabi Thailand


Photo © John Brown All Rights Reserved

I'm like most people in that I enjoy a nice peaceful sunset once in awhile. While there a literally millions of stock photographs of sunsets from this part of the world, I had to throw one more into the mix.

It was taken in Ao Nang, Krabi Province, Thailand as a fisherman who spent his day repairing a wooden boat walks towards the beach after a refreshing swim. I watched the man swim "a few laps" but the sun was sinking fast. I tried to anticipate his departure from the sea and this is the result.

Travel photography it's said, should make the viewer want to visit the locale depicted. I don't know if this photograph makes you want to visit the islands of southern Thailand, but it makes me want to return soon. This area is within two hours of Ko Phi Phi by boat and can also be reached easily from Phuket Island.

If you want to promote your destination in SE Asia, email me and maybe we can work something out.

John Brown Photojournalist On LIGHTSTALKERS
My Mondo Library Photography
My Photoshelter Photography Archive Homepage

No comments: